Growth Grant Program
Berea Chamber of Commerce Growth Grant Program
The Berea Chamber of Commerce is pleased to offer grants to businesses and professionals in our community in support of initiatives surrounding professional development and business growth. These grants are funded by revenue derived from chamber programming, sponsorships, and fundraising initiatives throughout the year. Those interested in applying for a grant can assess eligibility based on the criteria and guidelines below.
- Must be an employee or owner of a business that has been a member in good standing with the Berea Chamber of Commerce for a minimum of 1 year
- Company/organization must have been in business for a minimum of 1 year
- Business must be headquartered and operate in the state of Ohio
- Business need not be located in Berea as long as the organization or individual is a member in good standing for at least 1 year with the Berea Chamber of Commerce
- Any size business is eligible
- Maximum grant award amount is $1,000.
- Overall project may exceed $1,000, but maximum funds that can be awarded toward the project will remain at $1,000.
- Grants to be awarded as a reimbursement with expense documentation
- Businesses or individual employees are eligible to receive 1 grant per calendar year
- Grantees must be a for-profit business or employee of a for-profit (non-profit 501(c) organizations are not eligible)
- Grant applications are accepted on a rolling basis, however applications will close once annual grant budget is exhausted for the year (reopen next fiscal year)
- Grants will be awarded by a Selection Committee appointed by the Berea Chamber of Commerce Board of Trustees, and all award decisions are final
- All members in good standing (minimum 1 year) of the Berea Chamber of Commerce, including individuals serving on the Board of Trustees, are eligible to apply
- Funds may be used for the following types of projects/initiatives:
- Continuing education courses, training, or advanced licensure
- Registration fees for attendance at a conference, trade show, or other event that will aid in the growth of the business or the professional development of the individual
- Business specific:
- Activities pertaining to recruitment or retainment of employees
- Purchase of software or technology to aid in business growth
- Strategic marketing activities/campaigns that assist with company visibility and growth
- Renovations, modifications or equipment (i.e. improve accessibility or beautification of the business)
- Additional activities, events, or projects to be considered provide they support the overall mission of professional development or business growth.
- Funds may NOT be used toward:
- Membership in referral networking groups is ineligible
- Multi-level Marketing businesses
- Marketing initiatives for singular events or short-term activities
- Company/individual must be willing to be featured as a grant recipient on chamber’s website, social media, and eblasts
- Recipients are highly encouraged to attend the annual Notable Night fundraiser in May designed to raise funds for the Growth Grant Program to be featured (tickets provided free of charge to grant recipient + 1 guest)
- Company/organization/employee is asked to do 1 social media post regarding the grant with acknowledgement to the chamber
Join the Chamber!
If you're interested in joining, click the button below to fill out a membership form.